Sunday, March 4, 2012

Announcement

     When I first began this blog some time ago, one of the first posts I wrote included the basic outline of a ritual with which I have enjoyed a good deal of success. Following my introduction of that rite I shared further pieces of the puzzle that constitutes the corpus from which it was drawn in my contributions to Hadean's Conjure Codex as well as another anthology, and here on my blog. After each of these articles were published, I received a plethora of email reporting the successes readers had experienced in experimentation with the workings as I provided them, and asking when I would be releasing the "full volume on this strain of magick" I had promised in Conjure Codex. 

     Today, nearly two years after my first public indication that a full length work on this system of magick was in the pipeline, I am pleased to report that it nears completion. 

     On behalf of myself and the publisher with whom I have partnered on this project, Nephilim Press, I am proud to announce



     This work will manifest in the form of a Grimoire in the truest sense of the word, and remains faithful to the original Magick of the period between 100BCE and the 11th Century. The Magickal system esposed by our ancient predecessors of this period was both fully developed and comprehensive; so vast was this system that the widely known PGM was "but a small portion of the whole". The present work, to which I have given the title "The Book of Abrasax, A Grimoire of The Hidden Gods" represents an all inclusive and fully developed system of Magick in and of itself, offering instruction for several dozen complete rites, restored from fragmented and incomplete sources, carefully reassembled as pieces of a puzzle and faithful to their original forms, separated by intent of the working. With a few exceptions, the rites you will find herein have never been published in any Magickal text. 

  Stay tuned here and on the Nephilim website and Facebook page for further details, but expect to see this book in 2012. 



7 comments:

  1. Good to see some more news on this. I'm looking forward to grabbing a copy as soon as available. From your descriptions so far it sounds like it will be a great companion to my copy of the PGM and Geosophia I and II.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds REALLY interesting! I look forward to purchasing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abrasax and I go way back. First time I heard of him, I learned he was the "God of Magic." The scourge, the cock's head, the serpent's feet, and the shield... He's awesome in symbol and in form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beyond cool. So is it called Ablanathanalba with the Grimoire as the subtitle, or is the greek just there to be cool?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think thats supposed to be a oversized, lowercase Gamma,making it Ablanaganalba... though i've only ever seen it written in english, as you have written it, Ablanathanalba, and the one time i saw it in greek, it had the Theta there instead of the Gamma. intentional change?

    ReplyDelete