Sunday, August 10, 2014

Something I Had To Share

     A few weeks back, I began taking on students for a beta program in distance learning Magick. For those of you who are long time readers of this blog or followers of my work, you'll recall that for years I had spoken of students whom I tutor offline, and the Magickal Education I offered them, yet despite the hundred of emails I received asking how one could apply, I always responded that I was not yet accepting any students who were not in my geographical area, or who could not travel for face to face instruction. The reason for this was, quite honestly, I didn't know *how* to teach in my style without having the student here present. This because my style of training is tailored specifically to the individual; I do not provide a series of written lessons that applies to all under my tutelage, because I don't know how to write an instructional lesson that fits everyone. Anyone, long story short, after much brainstorming I opened the doors to a beta group of students who would receive weekly skype meetings, one on one instruction, and be handled as if they were my only student. 

     In order to provide as much room for success as possible for each individual and to not allow the course to be thwarted by outside interference or obstacles, when I accepted someone into the program I perform a series of rites, one of which uses this statement of intent:

"...That N. be freed of all that restrains him/her, that all obstacles be removed leaving his/her path  clear of hindrances and all that could impede their studies, practice and ascension. Let all opposition, be it in the form of another, be it manifested as hardships or distractions, or be it geography, be torn asunder, so that N is free to pursue this noble and sacred art unencumbered"

     Last week, as the new students and I began our weekly Skype meetings with a Tarot reading and preliminary lesson on the fundamentals, the following was sent to me by one who has rapidly become endeared to me. Typically, when posting such reports, I would omit the sender's name and any circumstances or specifics that could identify them, however as those of you on my Facebook page or her own are aware, she's been very vocal and more than willing to be known. 

     THIS, this right here, is why I do what I do, and why I love the art of magick for taking me as one of its children. 

August 7th, 2014
Dear Frater MC,
I have been sitting here, struggling to find the words to express to you the immeasurable gratitude I am feeling right now.
How do you properly thank the person who saved you from being sued into oblivion?
How do you properly thank the person who saved you from legal extortion?
Call me a cynic, but the sad truth is if you do not have the money, if you do not have the political connections, or have a fierce, competent attorney at your disposal, you are screwed.
What about the Truth? Please.
What about Justice? Don’t make me laugh.
Money is what determines the outcome of a trial. He with the bigger war chest wins. It’s not fair. It sucks. BUT we’re not left without hope, are we, my brother? There are magicians who can turn any hopeless situation around. Talk about alchemy!!!!!
YOU are one of these rare, blessed souls, MC.
On July 18th, you announced on your blog that you were looking for six new students to mentor. I decided to apply and I was completely open, honest and upfront about myself and all my fucked up baggage, including a frivolous lawsuit I’m currently involved in. Why?  I wanted you to know exactly what you were getting into. I like to tell it and like it told to me straight, with no fucking chaser. I also told you I was heading to court. I applied and on July 23rd, I was shocked to learn that you had a slot for me. I was FLOORED. I cried like a baby. I was so grateful.
Please note that this was July 23rd, 2014.
Like I stated above, I was being pressured to sign a settlement agreement that was unfair to me and only benefited the man suing me. My former attorney even asked and was granted a motion to relieve himself as my counsel. I was headed to trial in just a few short weeks with NO attorney. In other words, I was fucked. Sure, I could go Pro Se. But the adage “He who represents himself has a fool for a client” is true. I was up against the wall but I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. Shit, if I was going down, I wasn’t going down without a fight. I was going down SWINGING!!!!
On July 25th, 2014, just two days after you informed me I was going to be one of your students, I received a letter from my former attorney. He informed me that the man who had steadfastly refused to dismiss this lawsuit, decided to DISMISS IT ENTIRELY!!!!!  
Then today, August 7, 2014, I see the “Notice of Voluntary Dismissal” on the civil case database. This makes it OFFICIAL.
IT IS OVER.
Words fail me as I struggle to find the words to properly thank you, MC. This horrific ordeal almost cost me my son when he was hospitalized for a suicidal depression. This ordeal almost broke up my marriage. My son has left the country and no longer even speaks to any of us.
BUT he is still alive.
My marriage is still together.
And now, with this lawsuit dismissed, we can all, FINALLY, try to move the hell on.
Now, if the evil bastard ever tried to re-file, you think I’m calling an attorney?
Please, be serious.
I’m calling YOU, MC!!!!!!
May your beloved gods, goddesses, and especially your Mother Isis, continue to bless, prosper, and protect you and yours.
Gratefully and Respectfully, EB
              





1 comment: